Christmas Plus Size Partywear 2013 from Simply Be

0
If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll know that I am a complete sucker for partywear especially when it comes to Christmas!  Every year, my mum and I normally treat ourselves to a new Christmas Day dress/outfit.  This year, with the wedding fast approaching might be the first year in a while that I break the tradition but with so much temptation around... it's going to be difficult!

After experiencing Simply Be's party dresses previously including the Paper Dolls brand it was my first port of call when I decided to look online at the variety of dresses available this year.  There are some absolute beauties so here are my favourite picks...

Short Embellished Prom Dress, £160.00, Simply Be

I first spotted this gorgeous short embellished party dress in the Simply Be catalogue and I have been drooling over it ever since.  I'm not normally someone who wears white/ivory, but it looks so stunning and pure - I even contemplated changing out of my wedding dress into this one in the evening on my wedding.  The detail on the website is a little unclear.  I'm not sure if this dress has an elasticated back similar to my previous purchases or if it is completely fitted.  Either way, in the right size this dress would make you stand out from the crowd of black and red dresses that are in fashion this year.

The embellishments look very detailed and as shown in the photo above, this dress would look stunning with nude sparkly accessories or even silver to complement the beading on the dress.  This dress isn't cheap, and is currently £160.00 but even the frugal part of me is sorely tempted.  Available in a size 14 to 32, with some sizes selling out already grab it before it's gone... (now where's my bank card!)

Next up is something similar in shape but complete opposite in colour!  I have noticed that red and black are cropping up in this years winter party dresses so why not combine the two with this absolutely jaw dropping floral dress with lace sleeves!  



In my opinion, this dress looks a lot more exquisite than £45 so it makes it a perfect bargain for a plus size party dress for this year.  What I like about this dress is the lace detailed sleeves and the vibrant print.  I like how they have styled this dress with a bundle of necklaces in an almost punk feel.  I would probably combine this dress with either black or possibly bright red accessories depending on the mood I was in.

Another bonus about this beautiful dress is that every single size is still available on the Simply Be website from a UK 12 to 32.  From looking at the detailing, this dress isn't elasticated or stretchy so I would probably go for my normal size for fitted dresses.  I would love to know your thoughts on this dress as I fell in love with it as soon as I noticed it!

*PLEASE NOTE* This dress is currently on sale for £36... so I just ordered it myself!! :) 






0 comments: