A review of Scarlett & Jo

1
A few days after discovering the Scarlett & Jo clothing line at Evans, I was contacted by them to ask if I would like to review one of their new dresses for Autumn/Winter.  This happened to be a black embellished neck line dress and I was thrilled for the opportunity to test out their clothing since I haven't been in an Evans shop for a long time.

The parcel arrived earlier this week while we were looking after my step son.  As soon as it arrived I was really excited and was already working out what I had in my jewellery collection to go with it.  It was beautifully wrapped in purple tissue paper and inside was a hand written note from Natalie which I think was a lovely little touch. I tried it on the day it arrived and Mr FH's initial reaction (without makeup and accessories I must add), was "WOW!".  It felt amazing on and looked even more gorgeous so I have been itching to accessorise this dress ever since. 

So that brings us to today and the day where I finally get to try out this dress with all of my accessories.  Firstly, please excuse my roots - I am getting them done tomorrow... :) I am wearing a size 20 in this dress - which I think I prefer because it's not so clingy on my curvy bumps, however this dress is very stretchy so if you like it tight, go for the smaller size.  It has a slinky, sexy appeal to it and is made from viscose, elastane and polyester.  The dress itself is quite heavy on and very well made with added shoulder pads just underneath the straps and an inner lining across the bust.

This dress is a perfect little black dress for any wardrobe and would suit occasionwear or date night.  I have a feeling Mr FH will be expecting me to wear it on our next meal out and I won't disappoint! I decided to wear my hair up in a bun ring, which is a new style I have been trying out, along with a black floral hair clip from New Look (£4.99).  

Accessories wise, I am wearing a bracelet from my mums jewellery drawer (thanks mum!), sparkly earrings from Select and a statement ring which I think was from Dorothy Perkins.  Shoes were a no-brainer - my high heels from Next never fail and instead of complimenting this dress with a black handbag to match my shoes I chose my silver glitter clutch.


 Dress: Scarlett & Jo @ Evans, £45, Bracelet: Unknown, Hair Flower: New Look, £4.99, Statement Ring: Dorothy Perkins, Shoes and Clutch Bag: Next

You really wouldn't want to detract from the detailed neckline and sparkles so I decided to go without - which is why I also chose to go bare armed!  I wouldn't want to cover up this dress unless it was cold and I wore my faux fur jacket with it.

Overall, I would say my first experience with Scarlett & Jo dress has been really positive and it is a brand that I will be keeping an eye on for future purchases.  I think that the quality of this dress is comparable to some of the more expensive luxury high street brands and the price tag is very fair. I expect their clothes would last a long time due to the quality of the stitching and embellishments.  This dress is available on the Evans website and is £45 - in sizes 14 to 26 so if you are in need of a new "little black dress", I would highly recommend it.

Thank you Scarlett & Jo :) x




1 comment:

  1. You look so stunning!! It's a gorgeous dress on a gorgeous girl :-) I think I will have to buy one now x

    ReplyDelete