Tagged: Beauty

0
I was tagged over the weekend by one of the lovely 30 day blogger challengers (Beth at Tinkerbell and the Lost Girls) to do a beauty Q/A.  I am looking forward to adding more beauty related posts and reviews as I do have my own little routine going (it changes all the time!).  Here goes...

1. Name a beauty routine you barely do

I must admit I don't take very good care of my feet. I suffer from quite bad cracked heels and I should really be moisturing and using a pumice stone but I always find something else that needs doing first.  I never paint my toenails so generally I think my feet need some TLC!

2. Is washing your makeup brushes something you do regularly?

I never used to use brushes to apply makeup until my best friend got a job at The Body Shop and now knows more about makeup than I do!  She is always giving me tips and telling me off for various makeup faux pas! Recently I did get given a set of brushes and I am starting to use them but not long enough to give them a wash yet.  I will get into a routine of using them every time I apply makeup and washing them once or twice a month.  Bad felicity! 

3. How long will you last with chipped nails?

I only paint my nails when I have had acrylic nails applied but when I do I can't stand it if I chip nail polish.  I am so impatient that when I am applying it, I'll carry on doing other things then smudge it... then start all over again.  I have been known to paint my nails 10 times in a day!  For this reason and slight OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) I tend to keep my acrylic nails natural with their white tips.  It saves SO much time!

4. How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty product or nail polish even if you need it (i.e top coat, foundation and so on)

Foundation wise I'll buy it as I need it.  I had a makeover a few months back with my friend at the Body Shop and ended up changing all of my foundation and I'm nearly out.  As soon as I am on the last drops I'll borrow my mums and then go get some more.  Nail polish wise, I don't rush out to buy as I don't really use it on a day to day basis.

5. What is your worst beauty habit?

My worst beauty habit would have to be not looking after my feet at all or.. please don't go mental at me for this one ladies, shaving my eyebrows!  When I am in a rush, i'll run a shaver over the bottom to get rid of any stray hairs which I know is a really really really bad habit but plucking them hurts SO much!

6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?

Ironing!  Where possible I buy clothes that don't need ironing because the thought of doing an ironing pile is complete dread but then when I start doing it, I actually enjoy the peace while ironing! Weird huh!  I'd say Mr FH does more ironing than I do!

7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute or not?

No way! I get ready hours in advance which sometimes is detrimental because I'll need to re-apply eye liner, or lipstick.  When deciding on an outfit, I change so many times that I need time to decide what to wear too.

8. Can you commit to spending bans?
Yes... reluctantly... I went through a phase where I didn't spend a penny on clothing and makeup but I did get withdrawal symptoms.  When I was a teenager I would happily go window shopping but it all became a bit frustrating.  I probably have spent a bit too much in the last couple of months and with the wedding to save for I do need to cut back.  I do search for bargains most of the time though.


9. How organised is your makeup and nail polish collections?

I do have a few makeup bags and a box with nail varnishes in however things do tend to escape and end up around the house.  I would say I'm not the most organised of people.  The cats also like to steal things and hide them too (I've found many a lipstick under the sofa!)

10. What is the longest time you have been without writing a blog post?

When I first started blogging I used to leave it for months without writing because I wasn't sure anyone would want to read what I had to say.  Self doubt crept in and I also was a bit nervous about posting my first OOTD (Outfit of the day) post but now I have I am addicted.  I can leave it a few days max but then I worry that my readers won't return and I value every single one of them :)

I now tag Laura from What Laura Loves, George from Full Figured Bust and Verena from a Plus Sized Fashion Obsession to do this post :)





0 comments: