My Review of Simply Be

0
I have been super excited ever since I was asked to be a Simply Be reviewer, as I have never had the courage to order anything from their website before for fear of it not fitting;  I'm not very good at buying something without trying it on in the changing room first.  I must admit I have been a little worried that the items they were sending me wouldn't fit and that I would have to ask them for a bigger size... No one likes doing that!

After waiting around for the postman like a child on Christmas Eve, my parcel arrived today. That's only 2 days after it was dispatched, which I think is very fair considering I didn't pay for next day delivery and their website states that standard delivery can take 3 to 5 days. Safe to say, I opened it immediately (like I really was going to wait!)

The first thing that caught my eye was the gorgeous scarf print maxi dress. Its colour is very true to the photo on the Simply Be website and contains a black base colour with a beautiful floral / almost boho chic style print with pinks, turquoises, purples and oranges. The colour just pops out at you! The fabric itself is very lightweight which is perfect for summer, or holidays abroad (here's hoping I get one this year!).  It is made from a very silky fabric, but without the added shine that you normally get on silk. So far so good and I am impressed by the quality of how the dress has been made.  

The size is a UK size 18, however I possibly could have got away with a UK 16 because the dress is super stretchy, thanks to the shirred elasticated bust and generously floaty design underneath. I do like how the shirring doesn't look too taught over my bust line, so perhaps the 18 was a good idea. The length of the dress was perfect for my height too, I am 5'5" (1.65 m); I tried it on with bare feet and it didn't drag the floor. Perfect :)  This dress has a halterneck strap which is optional, so I just tucked mine into the dress as I didn't want to detract from the stunning print of the dress.

This dress is available in two colours and two lengths on the Simply Be website.  I think that being blonde, I prefer the darker version and that the "yellow" version would possibly not suit me. I think brunettes would get away with either version, you lucky things!  I also prefer the longer length as it makes the dress feel much more luxurious than the shorter version. With a price tag of £36, this dress is fantastic value for money and looks much more expensive than it actually is.

I teamed my maxi dress with a bunch of pink, purple and blue bracelets, which I borrowed from my mum, and a black short cardigan to cover up my arms. Barefoot of course, since this dress is so folk inspired, I thought it was the perfect thing to do and I think it's about time I bought some new sandals...


As you can see, the dress skims over my tummy area which makes me appear a lot thinner than I actually am. It is very flattering to wear.  I don't think I'm brave enough to wear it without a cardigan over the top just yet, but maybe one day...


Dress: Simply Be* Size UK 18, Bracelets: Borrowed from my mum, Cardigan: New Look

The second item in my parcel was a pair of light peach Jacquard trousers.  These are something that I would never normally wear, as I tend to stick to darker coloured jeggings or jeans to cover up my thighs. However the photo on the model really impressed me and I love pastel colours, so figured I would give them a go...

The trousers have a slight elasticated waist which I was very thankful for, as I was worried that they wouldn't fit me.  I tried on a size UK 18 again, and they did fit although they are very figure hugging!  If you don't like your thighs they maybe aren't for you, however they are cut very flattering, so if you don't have any issues with your legs they will be fine. They are very true to size and are fantastically made - thicker fabric than I had imagined, but not too thick for summer wear. The Simply Be website states that they have a rear zip, however this isn't the case with the pair that I had arrive - the zip was on the front and the label at the back. I'm sure they will resolve this when I contact them to let them know. At £40 they seem quite pricey for a pair of trousers and this is a bit more than I generally would pay. They are very well made and would probably suit a special occasion rather than day to day wear, so the price tag wouldn't necessarily be a problem. They have a luxurious embossed style pattern on them which adds to their charm.

One thing I particularly like about these trousers is the length. They come just to the ankle and would look really summery with a pair of sandals. Another, is how fabulous my bum looks in them! I didn't think I'd ever say anything like that!

I don't think I've ever worn an outfit that didn't contain some sort of black so I thought I would be a bit more daring with these trousers and team them with a white cami tank top and a peach coloured jumper, which is just the right length and thickness for this time of year.

Accessories wise I have selected a range of bracelets and a Swarovski pearl flower hair band from Vintage Blush*. All together, as an outfit, I really like it - but am slightly concerned about my tummy showing a bit much with the white top.  It's completely out of my comfort zone but am pleased with the results and next time maybe I will team the trousers with a baggier top, or a black tank top instead.


 


Peach Jacquard Trousers: Simply Be*,  White Tank Top: Select, Peach Heart Jumper: Next, Flower Hair Band & Selection of Bracelets: Hand made by me, available for sale soon

Overall, I have to say that I am impressed with Simply Be - the service has been fantastic from start to finish and they have definitely gained my trust, and a new customer too. I am very thankful to them for sending me these products to review and can guarantee that my review is 100% accurate and my own opinion. I think that their prices are fair for well made products, their sizing is true and photography on their website is very representative of their products once they arrive. Two big thumbs up from me :)









0 comments: