Review of Gemma Collins Collection at Simply Be

1
I have wanted to try out the Gemma Collins Collection at Simply Be for a while now and Simply Be have been kind enough to let me review one of her dresses.  I decided to go for a dress from the previous collection and try something a bit different that strays from my normal "safe" style!  Although the piece I decided to try is still a dress and I do seem to live in them, it has a really bold animal print in browns and blues and I must admit I was a little nervous about seeing it on.

The "Gemma Collins Printed Sun Dress" arrived at the end of last week and thanks to the freak weather we are having at the moment I had to wait until Sunday to get some photos of me wearing it.  I am wearing a size 18, which is very roomy.  I'm not sure if it's across the board or just due to the style of the dress.  The first thought I had when I tried on the dress was to team it with a pair of strappy wedges but then looking at the Simply Be website I realised that Gemma Collins had done that, so I wanted to try a completely different look that was outside my comfort zone and run with that instead.  I think it has paid off...


Dress: Gemma Collins Collection @ Simply Be, £45, size 18
Boots:
Unknown (years old!), Bracelets: New Look

Originally I wore the dress as it was, with a pair of ankle boots. I'm not normally the kind of girl to wear boots with dresses but it's a style I've always wanted to try.  I added a bracelet set from New Look to accessorize.  The print and neckline of the dress it really stunning.  I keep saying it but I am convinced that the photos on the website don't do the clothing justice and that this dress is so much prettier in real life.  The neckline consists of lots of delicate gold coloured sequins and seed beads and the colour of the dress goes from an almost burnt orange colour through to a blue coloured leopard print which should clash, but looks amazing.  The shoulders are completed with tie-style straps which means you can make it as high/low cut as you want.

Made from viscose, the "Gemma Collins Printed Sun Dress" is very lightweight and floaty and perfect for taking on holidays, wearing over a swimsuit or bikini or for warm nights as a comfortable party dress.  It's quite versatile when you think about the occasions this dress could be worn for.  I probably wouldn't wear this dress without a belt under my bustline (although it's perfect for covering up my tummy!) unless it was over a swimsuit because I like to have a bit more shape, so I decided to try the dress with a wide black belt to see how it looked. I also tried it on with a denim jacket to see how versatile this dress really was.  I think it works well with or without both accessories!


 Dress: Gemma Collins Collection @ Simply Be £45, size 18
Denim Jacket:
Primark, size 16 £16. Boots: Unknown (years old!),
Bracelets:
New Look, Belt: Unknown

This dress is available on the Simply Be website in sizes 12 to 32 (a couple of sizes are out of stock) and I think that it would suit any frame due to the shape/cut of it.  I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by this dress. I feel really sexy in it and I think I surprised a few of my friends too who are against such bold prints!  Another success with thanks to Simply Be!  

1 comment: