My review of Sports Direct - Swimwear Editiion

2
Whenever I think of ladies swimwear shopping there is immediate dread across my face because there's no way to hide any lumps and bumps that are on my body and I am quite conscious of my tummy and big arms.  

I do wear swimsuits when I am on holiday but I'm going to let you into a little secret of mine - I can't actually swim and never learned how to as a child.  I have always bought swimsuits that have secret hidden panels in to suck in my tummy and I have never worn a bikini EVER!

Sports Direct got in touch with me to see if I would like to review their swimwear range and at first I was a little hesitant due to having to post photos of me in the swimsuits then I decided that I would face my fear and have a go!  I must admit I'd never considered looking in sports direct for swimwear before...

The lovely people at Sports Direct let me choose a couple of items that I thought would suit me so I chose a polka dot swimdress (I've never worn one of these before) and a simple black halterneck swimsuit both by the brand Ocean Pacific (Op).  I was surprised by how much choice they had in their ladies swimwear range, but I wasn't brave enough to try a bikini!

First up, the polka dot swimdress.  I love the idea of these as they cover slightly more of my upper thigh than a normal swimming costume.    Their swimdress comes in two colours, plain black or navy blue polka dot.  I chose the blue as it reminds me of the retro look and I thought it would look really cute with a pair of kitten heels for walking around the pool in! I chose to wear this swimdress with a pair of white low wedges from Marks and Spencer (previous season).


 

Wedges: Marks and Spencer





I am wearing a size 16 in this swimdress which helps to hold my tummy in a little.  The material is very good quality and overall I think this swimdress has been well made.  It also has spaghetti straps and padded underwired bra cups.  The only downside to this swimdress was that even though the cups were padded and underwired I still felt like they didn't give me much lift or boost and that I was maybe a little flattened by it in the chest area. 
I mentioned this earlier, but I really love the length of this swimdress as it hides my upper thighs and I would be happy to wear this in / around the pool.  I don't even feel like I need to wear a kaftan to cover up in this swimdress.  I think that swimdresses are a style I will be definitely beinvestigating more in the future. This Ocean Pacific (Op) swimdress is available from Sports Direct at an extremely reasonable price of £9.99 and is available up to a size 18.   

The second item that I chose from the ladies swimwear range at Sports Direct was a black halterneck plunging neckline swimming costume again from Ocean Pacific (Op) at Sports Direct.  This swimsuit is plain black  but is also available in a black and white floral print.  I opted for the black because of it being a little more slimming.


 

 

 
Ocean Pacific Halterneck Swimming Costume*: Sports Direct, £7.00,
Wedges: George @ Asda, £7.00

I really love this swimming costume even though it doesn't hold my tummy in and would benefit from a slimming panel.  At £7.00 you can't really expect that though and I am impressed by how it looks on.  This swimming costume feels extremely flattering and the neckline is super sexy. Perfect for the honeymoon!  I am wearing a size 16 again in this swimming costume.  The halterneck can be adjusted to make it tighter or looser and this swimming costume also has underwires and added padding in the cups.

I think that I would probably wear a sarong around my waist while walking around the pool just to cover up the tops of my legs but the good thing about this costume is that it isn't particularly high cut in the legs.  There is perfect coverage for my rather big bottom and it isn't too low cut in the back.  This swimming costume is only £7.00 which is unheard of in my world!  For the slimming panel swimsuits I have previously bought I have paid up to £40.00 each which really is quite a rip off when Sports Direct are selling equally comfortable and beautiful swimming costumes for a fraction of that price.  I am very pleased with my choices for review and think that I will venture into a Sports Direct a bit more often than I used to as generally it was for Mr FH rather than myself!

Check out Sports Direct's full ladies swimwear range including tankinis, bikinis and swimming costumes.  Please note, I have not been paid for this review and all opinions are 100% my own as always! :)



2 comments:

  1. The black swimsuit looks like it was made for you. It's gorgeous, though, not sure it has enough support in the bust area.

    Anyway, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, I do like it when swimsuits push you in a little so you get a bit more cleavage... Although my boobs aren't particularly big for someone of my size, I didn't feel like I was going to "pop out" and the underwires felt stable but I would have liked a bit more movement inwards... if that makes sense lol :)

      xx

      Delete