Plus size summer 2013 dress picks from New Look (Inspire and More)

0
For part 2 of my plus size summer 2013 dress picks I decided to head over to the New Look website and see what they had to offer in their Inspire range.  Normally I am not very impressed with this range and I generally try and squeeze my bum into their main range which doesn't always work out as intended.  This time, however I have been genuinely shocked by the amount of dresses that I like the look of on the New Look website which is possibly lethal!

First up, this absolutely gorgeous "Sienna Black and Pink Floral Maxi Dress".  After such success with the Scarf Print Maxi Dress that Simply Be sent me to review, I have an even bigger love for maxi dresses and this New Look one has a gorgeous bold print with pink and purple flowers and a splash of yellow.  It is available in sizes 16 to 26 and has little spaghetti straps.  It doesn't have a shirred back or front, however I imagine that it is stretchy due to the material it is made from.  I have a feeling that this dress would be a bit more clingy than my Simply Be maxi dress so I would possibly order a size up.  This dress is one of New Look's online exclusives meaning that it is not available in stores.


The second dress that caught my eye on the New Look website was the "Inspire Cream and Pink Floral Crochet Neck Sleeveless Dress" which is a really feminine and girly looking dress.  I'm not sure if the colours would be a little too pale on me, however if it is in store when I next go shopping I am definately going to try it on to see if it suits me.  At the moment I am really into pale peach, cream and mint and this dress has a beautiful cream base with peach and beige flowers with a splash of blue.  It has a gorgeous crocheted neck line and a tie back - with an elasticated waist as far as I can tell from the photos.

This dress has other variants available in different fabrics and colours - including a plain navy chiffon version and a darker beige/peach plain version too however I think that the one I have chosen to showcase is the cutest out of the bunch.  It is available in a UK size 18 to 28 and is sleeveless so if you're anything like me with a wobbly upper arms, this would look super cute with a pale blue or peach cardigan.  I'd even be tempted to try it with a denim gilet - even though it would have no sleeves! At £22, this dress is extremely reasonable.




Finally, the last summer dress that really caught my eye on the New Look website is another maxi dress - "Inspire Black V Neck Paisley Maxi Dress" - I think this dress would be a lot more flattering than the first maxi dress I have featured due to it's colour, print and also cut.  This dress is primarily black with a beautiful grey and white paisley print detail across the bust and again at the bottom of the dress.  It has a V-neck neckline which would be flattering for fuller busts and the best part about it is the price and the wear you would get out of a dress like this.  You could team it with wedges for a simple day look, or killer heels and some statement earrings for a more sophisticated day look.

It is showing up as low in stock and only available in a size 18 or 20 UK so if you love it... order it now! :)  



Due to the amount of dresses that I could have listed, I am going to do another post for New Look specifically for plus size evening/prom dresses for 2013.  It's been many years since I went to my school prom but there are some delicious dresses available with much more choice than when I was a teenager!

0 comments: