Style it My Way Challenge: Week 4 - Bodycon! / OOTD for Plus North

0
I'm late... I know... I'm very late with these challenges and all I can say is that I'm putting it down to real hectic life, the weather and my cold that has knocked me for six.  I decided today that although I still have my cold that I was going to get myself all dressed up to make myself feel better and to make myself look more human.  There's only so long you can lounge about in fleece pyjamas right!? (Major perk of working from home though!).

Today's Style It My Way Challenge is from week 4 - Bodycon. I still have week 5 and this week to style and will aim to do that asap so that I am back on schedule.  The outfit I have chosen for the bodycon challenge is the same outfit that I wore to Plus North 2013 for the day event, minus a belt.

I am completely new to bodycon and if someone had suggested to me 5 years ago to wear it I would have told them where to go.  I always thought that bodycon actually meant "Body Conscious" and was corrected at Plus North that it means Body Confidence by a group of lovely bloggers and I felt like such an idiot! 

I am a lot more comfortable with my body and the way I look these days so when I saw this mini dress in New Look, I immediately loved the print and thought "What the heck!" and tried it on and here is the result...

 
 

Bodycon Mini Dress: New Look, £14.99 - Size 18,
Faux Leather Jacket, New Look, £39.99 - Size 18, Statement Necklace: New Look, £12.99, Ankle Boots: Tesco, £19.50 - Size 4

I'm like a walking advert for New Look! In all honesty I was panicking about what to wear to Plus North so found everything I needed in one go.  I love putting outfits together in a shop - it's so much fun!   Both the dress and the jacket are available up to a size 18 and the dress comes in either a mini style or midi if you'd like it that little bit longer.  I'd say that a size 20 would easily fit into the dress, but the jacket is kind of snug - I can just about do it up.

At Plus North, my necklace was commented on a lot which made me feel really great about myself and although I don't think I would wear a bodycon dress without some sort of jacket over the top just yet, I have since ordered 2 more bodycon dresses that will be arriving in the next few days.  They are sure to make an appearance on the blog soon!





0 comments: